PRIVATE OR COMMERCIAL PUBLICATION, PRINTING & DISTRIBUTION
A Brief Explanation of What We Do
We have the capabilities of any traditional publisher to bring stories from the manuscript stage to a finished reality as a book (produced in all formats). For clients, we can also take a project from idea and concept to a fully developed, written, and published book. Unlike traditional publishers, we do not limit our interests to only those books written by famous, proven bestselling authors or celebrities with a large, established audience and market. We have titles and authors that sell well commercially and others–which fulfill our author and client’s personal objective–that don’t. So, a book does not need to fall into the category of a ‘guaranteed’ bestseller before we consider it for publication. Many books that merit attention… that deserve to be published… are overlooked or dismissed out of hand by traditional publishers. And that is understandable because of the economics of their business model.
Each prospective author/client’s work requires our manuscript review and approval. We don’t accept all stories and manuscripts presented to us (even for our publishing assistance program).
Because of our business model (with Print On Demand and Distribution capabilities), we are able to take on the types of titles many publishers won’t consider. That does not mean we’ll publish any book. There are quality and content standards we use to select who we work with and what projects we undertake. That being said, we also have the capability of traditional publishers and can print titles in large quantities, warehouse, and distribute them. Printing in large quantities does drive the production cost per copy down, but is only feasible for proven–high-volume–consistent demand for the title(s). We can also create and produce custom or special editions with enhancements such as cover/dust-jacket embossing, illustrated interior endsheets for hardbacks, and other artistic elements.
What we offer:
- A quicker path to publication (and market).
- Publication of books of comparable/equal quality to any traditional publisher (including book design: cover and interior).
- Sales channel availability to booksellers worldwide and fulfillment of retail orders through our distributor, Ingram.
- Direct sales fulfillment of volume wholesale orders to organizations.
- Production capability without the necessity for capital investment in large print runs or need for warehousing and logistics expense.
- Sales and Royalty Quarterly Reporting (with royalties paid monthly).
Ingram is our distributor and our production and fulfillment services provider is also used by publishers and presses such as:
- John Wiley & Sons
- Hachette Book Group
- Simon & Schuster
- University of California Press
- W.W. Norton
- University of Nebraska Press
- Public Affairs
- Cambridge University Press
- Thomas Nelson
- Penguin Putnam
Our titles are distributed in
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Western Europe
- South America
- and global reach is expanding to other regions
Our help falls into five categories:
- Standard Publishing
- Publishing Assistance
- Self-Publishing Assistance (including a project management option)
- Private Publication/Printing
- White-label / Private-label / Branded Publishing Services
How we work with authors and clients:
1) Standard Publishing: We consider this if the topic and author have an established audience and a clear market demand of a defined size and we think the book is commercially viable. The author must have a fully developed promotion and marketing plan (including an adequately funded budget) that they will execute to create visibility (leading to sales) for their book. This plan must be acceptable to us and we monitor and gauge the performance of the plan. The author must present us with a clean, completed and professionally edited manuscript for our consideration (*see more on this below). Contact us for details.
2) Publishing Assistance: This is an option we offer prospective authors and clients if their audience has not been established, their book has a limited market, or if we are unsure of the commercial viability. It’s also applicable if the author is not interested in commercial sales or has limited ability to promote and market their book but wants to get it published or if the book is for family or organizational legacy purposes There are costs involved for this type of assistance (contact us for pricing). Prior to entering a publishing services agreement, we’ll do an assessment of the manuscript for what editing or work might be required to make it acceptable for publication. We discuss the results with prospective authors and clients and determine–mutually–whether or not to proceed with our services to improve their work. Some authors may also choose to go this publishing assistance route to expedite (shorten) the process due to time-to-market urgency or to retain more rights to the published work.
3) Self-Publishing Assistance (including a project management option): Technology and market acceptance have developed to a degree where self-publishing is a viable and in many ways
4) Private Publication/Printing: We can develop guides and books for an individual’s or organization’s internal or external private publication needs. Wholesale prices for volume quantity. Contact us for details.
5) White-label / Private-label / Branded Publishing Services: We can provide the publishing backbone and infrastructure for organizations and individuals with a commercial (retail and wholesale) audience to create additional revenue streams and benefit from their own publishing imprint. Contact us for details.
Book Development Project Management
For Self-Publishers and Organizations who want their own publishing brand: We can develop your manuscript and then coordinate and manage all stages to turn it into a publication-ready bookblock and cover for submittal to self-publishing services like Amazon or IngramSpark. Contact us to coordinate a call appointment and I can answer questions and provide details.Dennis Lowery
Contact us if you have questions about our publishing services.
*Our author clients can retain a professional editor of their choice to edit their manuscript prior to submittal to us or we can provide a full suite of editing services (including rewriting and developmental editing of drafts) to make their manuscript acceptable to present for publication consideration. All other publication-related tasks are handled internally: Book interior and cover layout and design, ISBN assignment, print,
About Marketing & Promotion
As with virtually all publishers in today’s business environment, unless the author is a proven seller with a track record, or famous (or infamous) with
Contact us if you have questions about our publishing services.